Banana Beetroot Blast ~ A delicious and nutritious drink!
I mentioned in my last post that I’d jumped on the NutriBullet wagon and here is the result; a super simple, super scrumptious Banana, Beetroot, Pomegranate Arils and Apple smoothie.
In case you’re wondering you don’t taste the earthy beetroot at all, but you do get a beautifully coloured drink as a result as well as the added nutrition. I used my last small, shop-bought, pre-cooked beetroot but if you want to use raw, by all means do. You will need 1/4 – 1/2 of a small beetroot, washed and gently scrubbed (wear gloves).
Of course you don’t have to use a NutriBullet to enjoy this drink and just so you know, this is NOT a sponsored post (wouldn’t mind if it was though), any high-powered blender / extractor will do.
Enjoy as part of a balanced diet! (cringes)
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and broke into chunks
- 1 apple, unpeeled, washed, core removed, cut into chunks
- 1/4 pomegranate, arils only
- 1 small pre-cooked beetroot or 1/4-1/2 raw beetroot, washed and scrubbed
- 325ml* water, spring is best
- 325ml* milk, of your choice (raw is best)
- Place all ingredients in the large cup of a nutribullet alternatively in your high powered blender, secure the lid and blend until smooth.
The amounts of liquid are approximate, if using large cup on the nutribullet, fill with liquid to max line. For an even creamier drink, use all milk or add in a few cashews.