Date Walnut Cookies – Crisp edges, soft-ish chewy centres, studded with sweet, sticky date and earthy walnut pieces. These cookies will keep you coming back for “just one more”.
Date Walnut Cookies
The base flavour of these date & walnut cookies is a combination golden caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. The two sugars also give these cookies their defining chewy texture along with their usual partners in baking crime butter, egg and flour.
I really enjoy the forever-loved combination of date and walnut thus, you may find it here again in my upcoming recipes…
Recipe from food.com
Date & Walnut Cookies
- 125grams unsalted butter, softened
- 100grams golden caster sugar
- 85grams soft brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (halal)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 245 grams self-raising flour
- pinch fine sea salt
- 125grams dates (stones-in weight), stoned and chopped
- 60grams walnuts, chopped
- Pre-Heat Oven Gas Mark 4 / 180C / 350F
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until lighter in colour and fluffy about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and egg and mix.
- Sift in the flour and salt.
- Add the chopped dates and walnuts, combine well.
- Take tablespoons of the dough approximately 50g each, roll into balls and place on lined baking tray, i put 5-6 per tray. Press down a little.
- Bake on middle shelf for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, turn baking sheet half way through baking time.
- Cool on baking trays for 5-10 minutes then onto cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Cookie dough covered and refrigerated will keep for up to 1 week, remember to extend baking time slightly if baking from fridge.