A tasty fusion of the best of Middle Eastern & French flavours in a British flapjack (oat bar)…
Ever keen to experiment in the kitchen? Want to get the kids involved? Need a homemade school / home-school / work / picnic snack? Get baking flapjacks!
If you don’t like chocolate, tahini or salted caramel (really?) then check out my flapjack / cereal bar recipe template, a blank canvas for you to go to town with or keep as simple as you like.
If you love tahini as much as I do you can top a flapjack or 2 with some extra tahini mixed with syrup / honey before serving.
Choco Tahini Salted Caramel Flapjacks
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 25 grams / 1 tablespoon light tahini
- 125 ml / half cup golden syrup
- 75 grams golden caster sugar (light brown or even dark would work aswell)
- 250 grams rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 60 grams whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 55 gram tub of salted caramel fudge sprinkles
- Pre-Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4. Butter, line (leave a over hang) with baking paper and butter again a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a saucepan over low heat put butter, tahini, golden syrup and sugar and cook until butter has melted, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl stir together oats, cocoa powder and almonds. Mix liquid ingredients into dry and then half way through mixing add 3/4 of the salted caramel fudge, mix until everything is an even consistency.
- Pour mixture into baking tin and smooth out with a angled palate knife or use back of a spoon. Sprinkle over remaining salted caramel fudge sprinkles and gently push halfway into surface of mixture. Bake on middle shelf for 20-30 minutes, you may need to cover the tin half way through baking time if you see the caramel starts to burn or the edges are becoming too dark.
- Leave to cool for 10 – 15 minutes before lifting out the flapjack mixture and leave to cool on a wire rack until almost fully cool before slicing into bars of desired size.
You may also like my Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies [vegan]