Refined sugar-free Fig, Date & Honey Ice Cream.
Naturally sweetened fig date honey ice cream, very much for the adult palate that is unless your children are 4yrs and under, don’t have a clue what they are eating and have a ‘I will eat anything sweet’ motto.
Figs, dates and honey are processed…
Double cream and milk are then added. The mixture is processed again…
Before being churned in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. I use this ice cream attachment for my kenwood mixer. Don’t have a ice cream maker? no problem – Pour ice cream mixture into a shallow container and freeze until crystals start to form (about 2 hours). Break up the crystals with a fork and return to freezer. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times. Cover and freeze until required.
I adapted this Crazy Jack recipe as I didn’t have the full amount of figs required so I added dates instead and reduced the amount of honey slightly. The flavour and texture of the ice cream is still predominantly fig but you can always adjust the amount of each fruit according to your liking, just be sure to adjust the honey too i.e. more dates would = less honey and more figs = more honey or to taste.
- 250g figs (organic soft / ready to eat)
- 200g pitted dates (i used deglet nour)
- 150ml raw runny honey
- 275ml double cream
- 100ml whole milk
- Put the figs, dates and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream and milk and process again until creamy.
- Either, pour into an ice cream machine and proceed according to maker’s instructions.
- Or, pour into a shallow container and freeze until crystals start to form (about 2 hours). Break up the crystals with a fork and return to freezer. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times. Cover and freeze until required.